The department of Information and Communication Engineering announce the required topics for the competition exam for the study of Ph.D. in Information and Communication Engineering.
|Information and Network Security||14||Hash functions, MAC, Digital signature, Key management, user authentication, malicious software, transport security, E-mail security, IPSec, Intrusion, firewalls||1- William Stallings, “Cryptography and Network Security; Principals and Practice”|
|Internet Engineering & Networking||16||ATM and MPLS, Quality of Service, Internet Multicasting and IGMP, DNS and DHCP, TCP, UDP, RTP and RTCP, Internetworking , OSI layer, TCP/IP layer, IPv4, IPv6, Routing protocol (EIGRP), VLAN, Frame Relay, wireless Network (Access point mode, 802.11 network architecture), Network security (ACL)||1- Data Communications and Computer Networks, Duck and Reed, Chapters13, 15.
2- TCP/IP Protocol Suite, Behrouz Forouzan, chapters 12, 15.16, 18, 19,25
3- Todd Lammle, “Routing and switching”.
CISCO Press, “Wireless Network administration CWNA”
|Multimedia Computing||14||Speech signal encoding, Audio signal encoding, Compression techniques, Video encoding, Multimedia over networks||1- Jenq-Neneg Hwang, “Multimedia Networking From Theory to Practice”, Cambridge University Press 2009.
|Digital Signal Processing||14||Signals & systems, Fourier Analytical techniques, Convolution and Correlation algorithms, Discrete systems, z-transform, Digital Filters.||1- John G. Proakis and Dimitris G. Manolakis, “Digital Signal Processing: Principles, Algorithms and Applications”, 4th edition.
|Wireless Communications||14||- Wireless Channel (Ref#1,Chap#2)|
- Performance of Digital Modulation over Wireless Channel (Ref#2, Chap#6)
- Multicarrier Modulation & OFDM (Ref#2, Chap#12)
- Spread Spectrum (Ref#2, Chap#13)
- Diversity Techniques, MIMO, & Wireless Capacity (Ref#1, Chap#3 & Chap#5)
- Digital baseband transmission
- Digital sinusoidal modulations
- Noise in communication systems,
|1- Tse & Viswanath, "Fundamentals of Wireless Communication", Cambridge University Press, 2005.
1- Andrea Goldsmith, "Wireless Communications", 2nd Edition, Cambridge University Press 2005
3- P. Lathi and J. Ding, “Modern Digital & Analogue Communication Systems”, 4rd edition, Oxford University Press, 2010.
4- M. Abu-Rgheff, "Introduction to CDMA Wireless communications," Academic Press, 2007.
|Information Systems||14||The role of information systems in business today, how information systems are transforming business, Business Processes and Information Systems, Types of Information Systems (TPS, MIS, DSS, and Business Intelligence), Enterprise Applications (ERP,SCM, CRM, KMS)||1- Management Information Systems, K. C. Laudon & J. P. Laudon, Prentice Hall, 13th Ed, 2014.
|Mobile Computing||14||- Introduction to telecommunication system and signal digitization|
- Cellular system concept, planning, design, Traffic measurements, System`s antenna, free space losses, Mobile channel characteristics
- Second generation 2G: System Architecture, System function, System operation, system centers
- 2.5 GPRS system: System Architecture, System function, System operation, system centers
- 3G UMT: System Architecture, System function, System operation, system centers
Wireless LAN technology, Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11 Architecture, WAP, Bluetooth and IEEE 802.15
|1- Asoke K. Talukaler, Mobile Computing, McGraw-Hill, 2007
2. Building the Data Warehouse, W.H. Inmon, Claudia Imhoff, Ryan Sousa, 4th Wiley. ISBN: 978-0-7645-9944-6 , October 2005
3. The Data Warehouse Toolkit, Ralph Kimball, Margy Ross,2nd John Wiley & Sons,January, 2008